Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bukowski's first and last words


Rediscovering Bukowski every other month.  Near-sleep last night, reading first and last words from his poems realized they're still better than most I've written sometimes I appreciated the abbreviated poem as much as the poem in its entirety. . .

                           they need what they need
                           out here near San Pedro we have
                           you and
                           wonder.


                      one thirty-six am
                      I laugh sometimes when I think about
                      say
                      he's not alone tonight
                      and neither am
                      I.

repeat
it's an
old poem:

for their sake
and for ours.


                     4 cops

                     dogs walk the walls
                     as the submarine sinks quickly to
                     bottom.
                     I'll never return to this coffee shop
                     again.


KFAC                                                           
                                         
here I sit
again for
one more
night
along with me.



              beaujolais jadol

              the dogs of Belgium feel bad
              the lost and forsaken
              lives of so
              many.


a plate glass window

dogs and angels are not
very different
working good
all up and 
down
inside the
darkness
here.


and,

see you in a moment

ayaz daryl nielsen                                     darylayaz@me.com


above semi-desecrations extracted from Charles Bukowski's 
Love Is A Dog From Hell   
(and)   
the night torn with mad footsteps  






          
                  





Post a Comment