Sunday, April 21, 2013

'I shelter all things you give me' - Linda Nemec Foster | Dianne Carroll Burdick a touch of Angelee Deodhar, a few words from S Freud/from A Einstein


From a post upon the nearest physics bulletin board (Silver Creek High School, Longmont, Colorado): 'life is sacred, that is to say, it is the supreme value, to which all other values are subordinate' (A Einstein)...plus, this cherished quote (as recorded, perhaps correctly, in my journal) - 'wherever I go, I find a poet has been there before me' (S Freud)...Freud wasn't speaking of going to Bonn from Denver, or to Watertown from Zurich (necessarily) but, rather, of going where heart, mind, inner seeking, research and all such can and will take us...

In 2006, Linda Nemec Foster, poet, with Dianne Carroll Burdick, photo images, gave us Listen To The Landscape, a 58-page publication of Ms Foster's haiku coupled with Ms Burdick's hand-colored photo's - Naomi Shihab Nye (to be acknowledged in greater depth via upcoming posts) said of this poetry/photo collection 'a rinsing of the senses occurs, a cleansing away of the world's sorrow and clutter' - and, yes!, Listen To The Landscape has been/is, for me, for us, a cleansing away, a rinsing off of what appears as broken sacredness within/between us, us and our own - shan't break copyrights by printing entire poems, nor can I reproduce the hand-colored photos, yet, here are three excerpts -

'Remembrance'     (beside a photo-enhanced bird house covered with vines)

.........

Comfort each soul and give it

New songs, new silence


'Friendship'     (beside a forest path, in autumn, that leads to a wooden bench with an old bowl on it)

.........

It's waiting - overgrown path,

Cool dusk, small birdsong


and, my favorite -

'Guardian'     (next to a lovely old barn, identical to the barns my maternal grandfather, a lumberjack, would build for his neighbors among the deepest backwoods of Wisconsin)

.........

Shelter all things you give me,

I keep the secrets.


Listen To The Landscape, haiku by Linda Nemec Foster  |  images by Dianne Carroll Burdick
copyright 2006, William B Erdmans Publishing Company         ISBN 978 - 0 - 8028 - 2898 - 9



last, one of my poems, as pictured by Ms Angelee Deodhar            (again, my deep appreciation)








see you in a moment

ayaz daryl nielsen
Post a Comment