Saturday, November 24, 2012

co-inkydink #2 update and George Held


co-inkydink #2 update and a poem by George Held

I DON’T ALWAYS UNDERSTAND

I don’t always understand
The lyrics in wind and rain,
White winter sky,
Cry of thunder,
The rise
And fall
  and pull
  of moon -

But I dance to their music.
                                                   Dave Church


enclosed are updates (and corrections) on the co-inkydink #2 posting

Peggy Dugan French of Shemom (and many other) meritorious distinctions:  correction of her poem (which was first published missing two lines back in bear creek haiku’s Church issue, #85)


  Day Dreams

Love came to me
or so I thought
till I awoke
to find you gone
leaving behind
a half filled coffee cup
and a burning cigarette.

Maybe I should consider myself lucky
yes
I'm glad you didn't stay
leaving me with a life time
of dirty dishes
broken promises
and empty day dreams.
                                                          Peggy Dugan French


In listing poems and poets from Church issue #85, I inadvertently overlooked this’n by Jan Dederick


ANNICCA   uNEET’cha
 “Everything Changes”

One moment fisherman
next, the fish

One moment water
next, the wet

one moment rocks
next, the rapids

one moment mountain
next, gravity

one moment Mauna Loa
next, the lava

Needy, Needed
Lover, Beloved

Turn in turn.
                                         Jan Dederick



from George Held


Four Years
  For Dave Church

Four years
without Church
leaves us
unhouseled

lacking even
false grace,
but Dave would
counsel

“don’t sentimentalize
me in death
anymore
than in life –

“i never thought
my shit
didn’t
stink.”

But after four years
what aroma
from his
poems.
                                   George Held



   
LISTENING

by the window,
leaves ripple --
waves
being pulled ashore
at low tide.
                              Dave Church


- see you in a moment - ayaz daryl nielsen





Post a Comment